Bear has several special searches that I find useful.
The other day I imported a large number of files without tags into Bear. Once imported I did a @untagged search to find them and then added the proper tag(s). This saved a lot of time. I also do a @untagged search every week or so to find notes that I’ve added and forgot to tag.
I also use @task, @todo, and @done to manage tasks. You can see the definition of what each one does below.
Here’s a list of all Bears special searches:
- @tagged : shows the notes which have at least one tag
- @untagged: shows the notes without tags
- @today: show the notes modified the current day
- @yesterday: show the notes modified the day before the current
- @images: shows the notes which contain images
- @files: shows the notes which contain files
- @attachments: shows the notes with files or images
- @task: shows the notes which include at least one todo element, either complete or not
- @todo: shows only the notes with not completed todos
- @done: shows only the notes with all the todos completed
- @code: shows the notes which includes at least one code
Originally published at ldstephens.net on February 12, 2018.